Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Final Project Proposal

Kate Murphy
Final Proposal

            For the second half of the semester, I have chosen the path of print media. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Lulu, so for my project, I decided to base my project on two important aspects of my life: summer and photography. My main plan is to edit, produce, and publish a photography book.
            For a final project, I plan on creating, devoting time, and eventually publishing a book filled with my own photography. I have always been inspired by photography; it is a hobby I thoroughly enjoy. I love taking my own pictures of things that we see every single day but in a unique way that can display the object’s beauty.
            The final project encompasses who, what, when, where, why, and how. For the subject of who, I myself is going to work toward making this book. This project will mostly be done on an individual level, but I plan on having people help me make sure that the book is aesthetically appealing and that the grammar is correct.  What I am planning to make is a photography book. Not only will it have my own personal photography, but it will also have lyrics and quotes that pertain to the season of summer. I want to be able to set this book down onto my coffee table back home and for someone to want to look through it. As for “when,” I have actually started working on the book; I started compiling everything and posting my journey on my blog during Spring Break. As for a specific date, I am to the point of final editing and being able to purchase the book. Since I started working on it very early, I plan on purchasing a copy sometime in the end of March or beginning of April. I would be able to have Rob grade the physical copy of it, and later, when I leave for the summer, I can give it to my mother; my plan is to be able to go home with a book in hand. Where will the work be done? I have been working outside of class since Spring Break on this project. I spend about an hour at a time revising and organizing my book when I want to work on it. When I complete my work, the publishing work will obviously be done by Lulu.  Why should I do this work? Besides the fact that this is for a final grade, I want to do this to display my photography. I do not feel that I am considered a “photographer” but that it is more of a hobby that I love to do. I love taking pictures during the summer—it is a wonderful season filled with beautiful nature. I have always wanted to publish a book and since photography is a part of me, why not publish a book of it? Finally, how am I going to do all of this? With hard work, determination, peer editing, outside of class dedication, and a multitude of other factors, my plan is to indeed create, devote time, and publish a photography book. 


As a review...

WHO: Myself, peer editors, and Rob Larson

WHAT: A photography book of pictures that I have taken personally. (Pictures of nature: summer, flowers, greenery, skies)
WHEN: To begin working during Spring Break and to continue the hard work until completion. I plan to purchase this book by the end of March/beginning of April (definitely before Easter).
WHERE: I plan to work on it outside of class (individually). Inside of class when I need peer editing and Rob's approval.
WHY: I love taking pictures. I want to showcase my pictures off to people, especially to my mom. I have always wanted to publish my own book and now I can.
HOW: Through the help of Lulu, I will be able to hold a physical copy in my hands. With the gracious help of Rob, I will be able to purchase this book. Also, through his editing skills, as well as my peers, I will be able to come away with a product that I will feel proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment