Sunday, February 19, 2012

Television Brainstorming


Ideas:


·         Promo for upcoming video – How to Survive a Minnesota Winter


·         Something in correlation to my radio broadcast – “Cleaner Earth”


·         Commercial for a product


When given this assignment, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I started looking up YouTube videos and began the brainstorming process. The first couple ideas that popped into my mind were those cheesy commercials where “If you call right now, we will double the offer! And it is still only the amazingly low price of $9.99!” Those commercials stick with me because they are humorous, cheesy, but they do captivate you. Then I began thinking and realized that I am not really a “funny” person. I don’t want to do a video that I will be struggling with and not be myself. I am more of a “serious” person, so that is when I thought about doing something doing a promo for something informational. The first idea that came to mind was the “How-To” videos. We are going to revise or add another show onto them, so I thought it would be a good idea to do a news promo for an upcoming story that our “reporters” are getting the story for. I wanted to do a serious new report. I know a lot of people want to probably have a lot of effects and do quite a bit of editing for this 30 second video, but I wanted to stick more to a message, rather than effects.


News Promo – “Braving the Weather”


·         News studio


·         One anchor, explaining the details for the upcoming special news report


·         Serious tone – focusing more on the message than the frills of editing


·         Professional(ish) – anchor sitting at table, reporting


These were just the few ideas I had when I was thinking about this news promo. I began looking on YouTube to get inspiration on how to do this promo. After looking at some videos, I wanted it to be business-like; getting the message across about this upcoming feature that “Eyewitness News” will be reporting. Hopefully, this will turn out as I planned, and really, I am taking inspiration from quite a few videos, taking bits and pieces from each, and making it my own promo for this special news report.

No comments:

Post a Comment